Executive Department > Goals & Accomplishments
- Poulsbo’s continuing planning challenges: Continue to thrive while we retain our heritage and quality of life.
Responds to Council Goal: #1 – Land Use, #2 – Community Character, #3 Natural Environment, #6 – Parks & recreation and Open Space
- Continue updating citizens with current information and awareness of social needs.
Responds to Council Goal:#5 – Housing, #10 – Customer Service
- Regional presence: Poulsbo, by its geography is the center of North Kitsap County. Provide regional services and find regional revenues to support these services.
Responds to Council Goal: #7 – Economic Development, #9 – Revenues and Financial Stability
- Promote private investment with the location of Safeway in our community and increased housing starts with Liberty Hills, Chateau Ridge, Talon Glen and Vinland Pointe subdivisions.
- Viking Avenue revitalization continued with increased sales taxes generated.
- Listed city properties for sale including the old city hall pad and police station, sold the Jensen Avenue Museum property.
- Achieved a balanced budget while supporting increased revenue flows.
- Employment repositioning with hiring in our police, parks and recreation and planning departments.
- Continued open door policy for community outreach including Saturday with the Mayor.
- Regional involvement in Housing Kitsap to help achieve balanced and sustainable budget.
- Regional board positions for Kitsap Transit, CENCOM, Department of Emergency Management, Kitsap Regional Coordinating Council including Executive Committee and Puget Sound Regional Council.
- Worked with community service organizations in support of domestic violence victims and extending a social safety net to our most needy.
- Revamping zoning code to incentivize investment along Viking Avenue, flex lots in subdivisions and tree retention for future development.