2014 Capital Projects
SR305 Intersection Safety Lighting project
The SR305 Intersection Safety Lighting project is complete. The project installed overhead luminaries at three intersections on SR305 – at Johnson Road, Noll Road and Seminole Road. Design funding was a partnership between the City of Poulsbo and Kitsap County. Construction funding was provided by a $400,000 grant from the Washington State Department of Transportation. The project was completed in early 2014.
6th Ave and 9th Ave Sewer Pump Stations
Two sewer pump stations, one at 6th Avenue and one at 9th Avenue have reached the end of their useful life. These stations pump sewage up to the sewer main in Highway 305 and out to the treatment plant in Brownsville. The pump stations are over 40 years old and must be replaced. The City has begun design on a project to replace these two pump stations and replace the aging sewer infrastructure on Fjord Drive and a portion of 6th Avenue. The 9th Avenue pump station is scheduled for construction in 2015. The 6th Avenue pump station will go out to add in August of 2014 and will be completed in December of 2014.
City Utility Project
City Utility Project
The utility project will make necessary upgrades to water and sewer mains throughout the City and will likely include:
- Force mains for the Sixth Avenue and Ninth Avenue pump stations
- 500’ of water main replacement on Bond Road NE. This project began in June of 2014 and is scheduled for completion in late July of 2014.
- Water main replacement on Ness Place NE and NE Matson Street
- NE Harrison Street force main
- Fjord Drive NE water main replacement (from NE Hostmark Street to NE Harrison Street)
Central Business District LID Improvements
The project will make stormwater improvements to various areas throughout the City. Installation of LID technologies such as pervious pavement and Filterra bioretention systems are being considered for Third Avenue (from Moe Street NE to Iverson Street), King Olaf Parking Lot, and NE Iverson Street. Design is scheduled for completion in September of 2014. Construction will commence in 2015.
The Lincoln Road Project is currently under construction. The project will add new pavement, sidewalks, bike lanes, water main, storm main, and shared use path to NE Lincoln Road (from NE NE Lauire Vei Loop to Noll Road). The project started in June of 2014 and construction is expected to continue through November of 2014.
The overlay project will begin construction in August of 2014 and will be completed by October of 2015. The project will overlay existing pavement in the following areas:
- Seventh Avenue NE – from NE Iverson Street to NE Liberty Road
- Eighth Avenue NE – from NE Iverson Street to Seventh Avenue NE
- Bond Road NE – from SR-305 to NW Lindvig Way
- NE Hostmark Street – from Caldart Avenue NE to Poulsbo Middle School
Liberty Bay Waterfront Trail
The City has hired Parametrix to assist with the feasibility study for the Liberty Bay Waterfront Trail project. This project will extend trails in American Legion Park to the existing trail system in Fish Park.