City of Poulsbo, Washington
Public Works > Public Works FAQ's
Who do I contact regarding utility services?
Water, Sewer, and Storm Drain
City of Poulsbo New Service and Billing - 360-394-9724
Public Works - 360-779-4078

Garbage and Recycling
City of Poulsbo New Service and Billing - 360-394-9724
Public Works - 360-779-4078

Commercial Recycling
Bainbridge Disposal - 800-531-1918

Yard Waste Recycling
Bainbridge Disposal - 800-531-1918

Comcast - 877-824-2288

Puget Sound Energy - 888-225-5773

Natural Gas
Cascade Natural Gas - 360-373-1403
city of poulsbo, wa
I have a question about my bill.
For questions about bills, rates and consumption, please contact Utility Billing at 360-394-9724, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
city of poulsbo, wa
Who do I contact to report that a street light is out?
All street lights are serviced by Puget Sound Energy. You can report it directly to or you can call 1-800-321-4123 and let them know which light is out. It is very helpful if you report the 12-digit number that is on the pole.
city of poulsbo, wa
Who do I contact about a traffic signal outage?

If the traffic signal is located within the city limits, please contact Public Works, 360-779-4078.

Highway 305 traffic signal timing or outages, please call Department of Transportation (DOT) at 360-357-2616.
city of poulsbo, wa

How do I report pot holes?
Pot holes within the City of Poulsbo may be reported to Public Works 360-779-4078. If calling after normal business hours please leave a message and provide the direction (east bound, west bound, etc.), address of location and the nearest cross street. Information will be forwarded to the Public Works crew.

Reminder - The City does not maintain or pave private roads.
city of poulsbo, wa
Is my drinking water treated?

The City's water sources are treated with chlorine as required for disinfection purposes and fluoride is added. view Water FAQs

city of poulsbo, wa
I have discolored water.
Call Public Works at 360-779-4078 for information or follow the simple steps below if you discover discolored water in your home.

Discolored water is the result of the minerals and iron in the mains being stirred up from high flow situations, which may occur while performing maintenance, during fire fighting or excessive water usage due to warm weather. The discolored water is SAFE as it is continually checked and tested.

Whenever you have discolored water, you should not use any hot water. You need to wait until you get the cold water clear first.

Use an outside hose bib or cold water faucet in the bathtub and let the water run for a minute or two, no longer.

Then you should do the same thing to each individual cold water faucet inside your home.

When you have followed the steps above your water should be clear.
city of poulsbo, wa
I need to shut off my water.
Your water meter belongs to the City of Poulsbo. If you turn off the meter on your own and cause damage, you may be held liable for damage costs. Please contact Public Works, 360-779-4078, if you need your water shut off to do repairs. The City will provide this service free of charge during normal business hours.
city of poulsbo, wa
What do I do if my garbage was missed
Check out ways to Avoid Missed Garbage or contact Public Works 360-779-4078.

City of Poulsbo Quick Links

• Public Works Main Page
• Engineering
• Water
• Sewer
• Solid Waste
• Stormwater
• Streets
• Cemetery
• Parks
• Public Works FAQs
• Utility Billing Questions
• Contact Us
Pay Your Bill Online >

return to top

City Hall
200 NE Moe Street
Hours:  M-F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Phone: (360) 779-3901
  Pay Your Bill Online >
If you are paying a court fine
you need to click here.

pay your bill online
  Sign-Up for our
Email Newsletter >

email newsletter privacy
  Search the Site
city of poulsbo