Goals & Accomplishments
- Financial Sustainability: balancing revenues with expenses while retaining levels of service for the community. Secure, involved business management of the City. Responds to Council Goal: #9 – Revenues and Financial Stability, #10 – Customer Service.
- Continue updating citizens with current information and awareness of social needs/public safety needs, government actions, and changes in our community.
Responds to Council Goal:#5 – Housing, #10 – Customer Service
- Economic growth through business attraction and support of existing businesses within our community. Responds to Council Goal: #7 – Economic Development
- Poulsbo’s continuing planning challenges: Continue to thrive wile we retain our heritage and quality of life
Responds to Council Goal: #1 – Land Use, #2 – Community Character, #3 – Natural Environment, #6 – Parks & Recreation and Open Space
- Regional presence: Poulsbo, by its geography, is the center of North Kitsap County. Provide regional services and find regional revenues to support these services.
Responds to Council Goal: #7 – Economic Development, Goal: #9 – Revenues and Financial Stability
- Promoted private investment with increased housing starts with Mountain Aire, Summerset, Anston Place, and Caldart Heights subdivisions
- Viking Avenue revitalization continued with increased sales taxes generated, Sumner RV and Sound Brewery relocation
- Facilitated pending Purchase and Sale Agreements for City properties for sale including the old City Hall property and old Police Station
- Achieved a balanced budget while supporting increased revenue flows, reduced taxes and increasing revenues
- Employment repositioning with hiring in our Police, Prosecution, and Clerk’s Department
- Continued open door policy for community outreach including Saturday with the Mayor
- Regional involvement in Housing Kitsap to help promote affordable housing, establish affordable housing ad hoc committee.
- Regional board positions for Kitsap Transit, CENCOM, Department of Emergency Management, Kitsap Regional Coordinating Council including Executive Committee, Puget Sound Regional Council, Vice Chair Transportation Policy Board and Executive Committee member. Appointed to Body Camera Task Force for the Washington State Legislature.
- Worked with community service organizations in support of domestic violence victims and extending a social safety net to our most needy
- Worked with Kitsap County Health Department to facilitate grant and hire three mental health specialists to work with the City’s court and police department