Plannng & Economic Development > Pre-Application Conferences
WHAT IS A PRE-APPLICATION CONFERENCE?
A Pre-Application Conference is a meeting between project applicant and representatives of appropriate City departments and other review entities that is conducted prior to the submission of a detailed application. These “Pre-App” conferences are intended to provide an overview of the regulatory requirements and application process.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE?
- To acquaint city and other agency staff with a sufficient level of detail about the proposed development, in order for staff to advise applicants on the requirements of the Poulsbo Municipal Code and other applicable requirements, law and information from the city and other agencies.
- To reduce or eliminate the city’s need to request additional information or corrections that causes revisions or resubmittals.
- Reduce time frames for approval of land use applications by providing the applicant detailed input and applicable requirements in order for the applicant to submit a complete and code-compliant land use application.
WHEN IS A PRE-APPLICATION CONFERENCE REQUIRED?
A Pre-Application Conference is required for Type II, III, IV, and permit applications. See PMC opens in a new windowTable 19.20.020 to determine the type of permit.
Pre-Application Conference may be waived by the PED director only for Type II permit applications, when: (1) a completed pre-application waiver form and any requested information has been submitted by applicant; and (2) the PED director, in consultation with other development review departments, determines that the proposal is ready for counter complete review and includes all necessary documents. See opens in a new windowPre-Application Conference Waiver Form.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE A PRE-APPLICATION CONFERENCE?
To initiate pre-application conference, an applicant shall submit a completed opens in a new windowPre-Application Conference Form with the requested information and required fee. Information not provided on the form shall be provided on the face of a supporting map, drawing, documents or attachments. The information included in the submitted materials shall be of sufficient detail in order for the city to adequately review the proposed project and provide feedback.
WHEN ARE PRE-APPLICATION CONFERENCES HELD?
Pre-application conferences are held the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month and are scheduled 15 days in advance.
WHAT IS THE PRE-APPLICATION CONFERENCE FEE?
- The fee for a major pre-application conference is $847 ($345 for Planning, $370 for Engineering, $132 Fire)
- The fee for a minor pre-application conference is $547 ($175 for Planning, $240 for Engineering, $132 Fire)
- Note: 95% of pre-application conferences are major. If you believe you have a minor pre-application, please check with staff.
2020 Pre-Application Conference Dates
Keep in mind that we cannot schedule a pre-application conference until all of the application materials and fee has been received. Application materials and fees are due 15 days prior to the preferred date.
Available times include 10am, 1pm, and 3pm. Pre-application conferences are for one hour.
*All pre-application conferences are currently being conducted remotely via zoom. Please ensure that you have the capability to attend electronically prior to submitting.
Please indicate on your application your preferred date(s) and time(s). Your scheduled date and time will be confirmed by the assigned planner.
These dates and times are subject to change. Materials and fees are due by close of business (4:30 p.m.) on date indicated:
- July 21: All times currently available, Materials and fees due by July 6
- August 4: All times currently available, Materials and fees due by July 20
- August 18: All times currently available, Materials and fees due by August 3
- September 1: All times currently available, Materials and fees due by August 17
- September 15: All times currently available, Materials and fees due by August 31
- October 6: All times currently available, Materials and fees due by September 21
- October 20: All times currently available, Materials and fees due by October 5
FOLLOWING THE PRE-APPLICATION CONFERENCE
Within 14 calendar days after the date of the pre-application conference, staff will provide a written summary with the following information included:
- Review authority, relevant approval criteria and development standards in the Poulsbo Municipal Code or other applicable codes, standards or requirements.
- Evaluation of the submitted information with the relevant code, standards or requirements. Specific additional information that is needed to respond to other issues.
- Applicable application fees in effect at the time.
- Information relevant to the application that may be in the possession of the city or other agencies of which the city is aware.
- Application(s) and document(s) that will be necessary for counter complete application requirements.
The pre-app summary letter expires 6 months from the date the pre-app conference is held. Upon written request by the applicant 30 days prior to the expiration, the Planning director may extend the validity of the pre-app comments by one additional 6-month period.
A counter complete application must be submitted prior to the expiration of the pre-app summary letter.
Once the pre-app comments have expired, the applicant must file a new request for a pre-app conference or receive approval of a pre-app waiver (if applicable) in order to submit a development application
WHAT ARE THE LIMITATIONS OF PRE-APPLICATIONS?
Pre-app review is a forum for city staff to assist you during the feasibility and preliminary analysis phase of your project. The information provided does not constitute a formal approval or permit and is dependent on the level of information you provide.
- opens in a new windowPre-Application Conference Handout
- opens in a new windowPre-Application Conference Application Form
- opens in a new windowRequest to Extend Pre-Application Conference Summary Letter
- opens in a new windowPre-Application Request for Waiver (Type II permits only)
- opens in a new windowPlanning Fee Schedule
- opens in a new windowPoulsbo Municipal Code Chapter 19.20, Application Classification
- opens in a new windowPoulsbo Municipal Code 19.30.010, Pre-Application Review