Human Resources > Employment Opportunities
Public Works - Seasonal Casual Laborer
Hours and Compensation: The position is full-time (40 hours per week), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. The hourly rate is $13.00 – $15.00 per hour depending on experience.
Benefits: Employees receive sick leave per state law.
To apply: Candidates are invited to submit a City Application to: City of Poulsbo, Attn: Human Resources, 200 NE Moe St, Poulsbo, WA 98370.
Contact information: Deanna S Kingery, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com, or 360-394-9705
This position is open until filled.
The City of Poulsbo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Police Officer - Entry level
Volunteers In Police Service
Location: Poulsbo Police Department
Description of Duties:
- Police Volunteers patrol the city during the day in a specially marked vehicle and wear a readily identifiable uniform. Their main function is to observe, record, and report.
- Typically volunteers patrol in four hour shifts. During these patrols, volunteers perform vacation house checks, handicapped parking enforcement and general patrol. Typically a general patrol includes schools, neighborhoods, parks, and shopping areas. These may involve vehicle as well as foot patrol.
- In addition volunteers can be utilized for traffic control at special events or at traffic collisions, may assist in search and rescue operations, and may be assigned other applicable duties in support of the Police Department.
- Police Volunteers do not receive monetary compensation for their time.
- In order to become a Citizen Volunteer, an applicant must be 21 years of age, have no law violations in the last five years beyond a traffic citation, no felony convictions, and have a current drivers license (Washington is preferable). Additionally applicants need to be in good health with the ability to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time.
- The selection process includes the completion of an application; a background/drivers license check, the completion of 3 orientation rides, and an interview.
- Candidates who are accepted into the program are expected to perform one 4 hour patrol each week (16 hours monthly) and attend a monthly training meeting.
To be considered for this position, please submit a City Application to:
City of Poulsbo – Police Department
200 NE Moe St
Poulsbo, WA 98370
This position is open continuously.