Human Resources > Employment Opportunities
Police Officer - Entry level
Volunteers In Police Service
Position: Police Volunteer – Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS)
Location: Poulsbo Police Department
Description of Duties:
- Police Volunteers patrol the city during the day in a specially marked vehicle and wear a readily identifiable uniform. Their main function is to observe, record, and report.
- Typically volunteers patrol in four hour shifts. During these patrols, volunteers perform vacation house checks, handicapped parking enforcement and general patrol. Typically a general patrol includes schools, neighborhoods, parks, and shopping areas. These may involve vehicle as well as foot patrol.
- In addition volunteers can be utilized for traffic control at special events or at traffic collisions, may assist in search and rescue operations, and may be assigned other applicable duties in support of the Police Department.
- Police Volunteers do not receive monetary compensation for their time.
- In order to become a Citizen Volunteer, an applicant must be 21 years of age, have no law violations in the last five years beyond a traffic citation, no felony convictions, and have a current drivers license (Washington is preferable). Additionally applicants need to be in good health with the ability to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time.
- The selection process includes the completion of an application; a background/drivers license check, the completion of 3 orientation rides, and an interview.
- Candidates who are accepted into the program are expected to perform one 4 hour patrol each week (16 hours monthly) and attend a monthly training meeting.
To be considered for this position, please submit a City Application to:
City of Poulsbo – Police Department
200 NE Moe St
Poulsbo, WA 98370
This position is open continuously.
The City of Poulsbo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Poulsbo is accepting applications for the position of Deputy Chief. Please see the attached announcement, Deputy Chief Recruitment.
Hours and Compensation: The position is full-time with a 2018 salary range of $101,680 – $117,874 DOQ. The 2018 salary is subject to Council approval.
Benefits: Employees receive ten paid holidays, 200 hours of vacation, and 96 hours of sick leave accrual per year. After six months of employment, employees receive one floating holiday and after one year, two personal leave days are provided. Employees also receive an additional 1% longevity pay after five years (longevity increases by 1% every five years thereafter with a 5% maximum). This position is eligible for retirement benefits with the Law Enforcement Officers and Fire Fighters Retirement Systems (LEOFF). The City pays 95% of medical and vision premiums, 100% of dental premiums for full-family coverage and 100% of life insurance premiums for a total of $1,452.28 per month. The employee’s portion is $69.12 per month. The City also contributes $70.00 per month into a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA-VEBA) and employees contribute $100.00 per month. There is a $30,000 life insurance policy.
To apply: Candidates are invited to submit a City Application, Resume and Cover Letter (letter of interest) to: City of Poulsbo, Attn: Human Resources, 200 NE Moe St, Poulsbo, WA 98370. The deadline for submittal of application materials is October 12, 2017 at noon.
Contact information: Deanna S Kingery, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-394-9705