Planning and Economic Development
Poulsbo’s Planning and Economic Development Department staff are your resource for questions related to land use and economic development within the city.
Mission of City of Poulsbo Planning and Economic Development:
To partner with the community, residents, elected officials, and private entities to promote Poulsbo’s charm, character, and livability. This is achieved through sustainable comprehensive planning, efficient permit review and processing, and deliberate economic development strategies.
PED Department News
- July 10 Hearing Examiner Public Hearings for Johnson Ridge and Calavista PRDs. See the Hearing Examiner page for project files and information on how to attend the hearing virtually.
- Planning and Economic Development Department Project Status Report. See the July 2020 Update.
- Planning and Economic Development Department’s Public Meetings for Land-Use Permits Under Governor’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy Orders: This memo outlines how we will proceed with land use applications under the Governor’s order, as well as his subsequent order regarding public meetings. Please call us at (360) 394-9748 if you have any questions.
- Planning and Economic Development Department remains operational! The Planning and Economic Development Department wants our community partners and clients to know we remain operational and stand ready to work with you to accomplish your land use and development goals. While we are working from home per Governor Inslee’s “Stay Home and Stay Healthy” order, the PED team is available to connect with you via email, phone or virtual meetings. Please see our contact information below and reach out with any questions. Applications are still being accepted and our team remains available to assist with submission. If you have an active project with our department, please connect with your project planner (if you haven’t already heard from them). Our goal is for projects that are ready to move forward to do so quickly after the Governor’s order is lifted. The PED Department staff strives to provide the best services during these unprecedented times. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
- Annexations. Questions about annexation? First, review this opens in a new windowhandout. Second, call us at (360) 394-9748.
Due to unprecedented work levels at this time, phone calls will be answered as staff is available and messages will be returned within 5 business days.
Prior to calling the PED Department, we offer the following tips:
1. Are you within the City limits?
- The 98370 zip code extends beyond city limits.
- if you are unsure, go to opens in a new windowKitsap County Parcel search to confirm that you are within the City of Poulsbo.
- If you are outside of city limits, please contact opens in a new windowKitsap County DCD.
2. Determine if another City Department would be more appropriate for your inquiry.
- To schedule an inspection call: (360) 394-9882
- For building/sign permit questions call: (360) 394-9882
- For transportation/engineering questions call: (360) 394-9882
- For stormwater questions call: (360) 394-9882
- For garbage/sewer/water questions call: (360) 779-4078
- For public records request go opens in a new windowhere
- To file a compaint go opens in a new windowhere
3. Check out the list of handouts and application forms opens in a new windowhere!
4. opens in a new windowEmail us! Please provide as much detail as possible in your email so that we can respond more efficiently (including an address or parcel number).
Planning & Economic Development (located on 2nd floor)
200 NE Moe Street
Poulsbo, WA 98370-7437
Phone: (360) 394-9748
Fax: (360) 697-8269
- opens in a new windowWhat We Do Handout
- opens in a new windowLand Use Planning in WA State (the basics)
- opens in a new windowLand Use and Zoning (the basics)
- opens in a new windowFrequently Asked Questions
- opens in a new windowFun Facts About Poulsbo
- opens in a new windowNew Business Welcome Packet
Additional handouts and application forms can be found opens in a new windowhere
opens in a new windowKarla Boughton, Planning and Economic Development Director
opens in a new windowEdie Berghoff, Associate Planner
opens in a new windowNikole Coleman, AICP, Senior Planner
opens in a new windowMarla Powers, Associate Planner
opens in a new windowJess Matrazzo , Administrative Assistant
If would like to be notified of public notices by email, we welcome you to sign up here opens in a new windowto receive public notices