Planning and Economic Development
Poulsbo’s Planning and Economic Development Department staff are your resource for questions related to land use and economic development within the city.
Mission of City of Poulsbo Planning and Economic Development:
To partner with the community, residents, elected officials, and private entities to promote Poulsbo’s charm, character, and livability. This is achieved through sustainable comprehensive planning, efficient permit review and processing, and deliberate economic development strategies.
PED Department News
- Oslo Bay Apartments. Public notices and project documents can be found here opens in a new window.
- Poulsbo Place Division 8. Public notices and project documents can be found here opens in a new window.
- Haugen Short Plat/ACUP. Public notices and project documents can be found here opens in a new window.
- Planning and Economic Development Department Monthly Spotlight. Check it out here opens in a new window.
- RFQ for on-call consultants. The City of Poulsbo PED Department is soliciting Request for Qualifications (RFQ) opens in a new windowopens PDF file from qualified firms to provide on-call services. Selected consultants will augment and support City staff on an as-needed basis. The City is seeking experienced individuals and consultants to provide on-call consulting services for the following subareas: Development Review – Planning, Development Review – Engineering, Urban Design and Architectural Services, Landscape Architecture, Graphic Design, Public Participation, and GIS. Deadline to be considered is February 24, 2021. See details about submittal here opens in a new windowopens PDF file .
- New Handout! Top 10 Tips for Land Use Permitting Success. opens in a new windowopens PDF file
- Annexations. Questions about annexation? First, review this handout opens in a new windowopens PDF file . Second, call us at (360) 394-9748.
- Planning and Economic Development Department remains operational! The Planning and Economic Development Department wants our community partners and clients to know we remain operational and stand ready to work with you to accomplish your land use and development goals. While we are working from home, the PED team is available to connect with you via email, phone or virtual meetings. Please see our contact information below and reach out with any questions. Applications are still being accepted and our team remains available to assist with submission. If you have an active project with our department, please connect with your project planner (if you haven’t already heard from them). The PED Department staff strives to provide the best services during these unprecedented times. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Due to unprecedented work levels at this time, phone calls will be answered as staff is available and messages will be returned within 5 business days.
Prior to calling the PED Department, we offer the following tips:
1. Are you within the City limits?
- The 98370 zip code extends beyond city limits.
- if you are unsure, go to Kitsap County Parcel opens in a new window search to confirm that you are within the City of Poulsbo.
- If you are outside of city limits, please contact Kitsap County DCD opens in a new window.
2. Determine if another City Department would be more appropriate for your inquiry.
- To schedule a building inspection call: (360) 394-9882
- For building/sign permit questions call: (360) 394-9882
- For transportation/engineering questions call: (360) 394-9882
- For stormwater/engineering questions call: (360) 394-9882
- For garbage/sewer/water questions call: (360) 779-4078
- For public records request go here opens in a new window
- To file a complaint go here opens in a new window
3. Check out the list of land use/planning handouts and application forms here opens in a new window (including accessory dwelling units, tree cutting, animal keeping, fences, and food trucks)!
4. Email us opens in a new window! Please provide as much detail as possible in your email so that we can respond more efficiently (including an address or parcel number).
5. Call us at (360) 394-9748. Please note that due to the high volume of calls and staff availability, there is a 5 business day response time for phone calls.
Planning & Economic Development (located on 2nd floor)
200 NE Moe Street
Poulsbo, WA 98370-7437
Phone: (360) 394-9748
Fax: (360) 697-8269
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org opens in a new window
Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays:
- What We Do Handout opens in a new windowopens PDF file
- Land Use Planning in WA State opens in a new windowopens PDF file (the basics)
- Land Use and Zoning opens in a new windowopens PDF file (the basics)
- Frequently Asked Questions opens in a new windowopens PDF file
- Fun Facts About Poulsbo opens in a new windowopens PDF file
- New Business Welcome Packet opens in a new windowopens PDF file
Additional handouts and application forms can be found here opens in a new window
Karla Boughton opens in a new windowcreate new email, Planning and Economic Development Director
Nikole Coleman opens in a new windowcreate new email, AICP, Senior Planner
Edie Berghoff opens in a new windowcreate new email, Associate Planner
Marla Powers opens in a new windowcreate new email, Associate Planner
Jess Matrazzo opens in a new window , Administrative Assistant
If would like to be notified of public notices by email, we welcome you to sign up here to receive public notices opens in a new window