Planning and Economic Development
Poulsbo’s Planning and Economic Development Department staff are your resource for questions related to land use and economic development within the city.
Mission: To partner with the community, residents, elected officials, and private entities to promote Poulsbo’s charm, character, and livability. This is achieved through sustainable comprehensive planning, efficient permit review and processing, and deliberate economic development strategies.
PED Department News
- Planning and Economic Development Department Monthly Spotlight. Check it out opens in a new windowhere
- Parks, Recreation, and Open Space Plan Approved. Check it out opens in a new windowhere.
- Housing Action Plan Approved. Check it out opens in a new windowhere.
- Annexations. Questions about annexation? Check out the annexation webpage opens in a new windowhere.
- Oslo Bay Apartments. Public notices and project documents can be found opens in a new windowhere.
- Handout. opens in a new windowTop 10 Tips for Land Use Permitting Success.opens PDF file
Due to unprecedented work levels at this time, phone calls will be answered as staff is available and messages will be returned within 5 business days.
Prior to calling the PED Department, we offer the following tips:
1. Are you within the City limits?
- The 98370 zip code extends beyond city limits.
- if you are unsure, go to opens in a new windowKitsap County Parcel search to confirm that you are within the City of Poulsbo.
- If you are outside of city limits, please contact opens in a new windowKitsap County DCD.
2. Determine if another City Department would be more appropriate for your inquiry.
- To schedule a building inspection call: (360) 394-9882
- For building/sign permit questions call: (360) 394-9882
- For transportation/engineering questions call: (360) 394-9882
- For stormwater/engineering questions call: (360) 394-9882
- For garbage/sewer/water questions call: (360) 779-4078
- For public records request go opens in a new windowhere
- To file a complaint go opens in a new windowhere
3. Check out the list of land use/planning handouts and application forms opens in a new windowhere (including accessory dwelling units, tree cutting, animal keeping, fences, and food trucks)!
4. opens in a new windowEmail us! Please provide as much detail as possible in your email so that we can respond more efficiently (including an address or parcel number).
5. Call us at (360) 394-9748. Please note that due to the high volume of calls and staff availability, there is a 5 business day response time for phone calls.
Planning & Economic Development (located on 2nd floor)
200 NE Moe Street
Poulsbo, WA 98370-7437
Phone: (360) 394-9748
Fax: (360) 697-8269
Email: opens in a new email@example.com
Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays:
- opens in a new windowWhat We Do Handoutopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowLand Use Planning in WA Stateopens PDF file (the basics)
- opens in a new windowLand Use and Zoningopens PDF file (the basics)
- opens in a new windowFrequently Asked Questionsopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowPoulsbo Fun Factsopens PDF file
- opens in a new windowNew Business Welcome Packetopens PDF file
Additional handouts and application forms can be found opens in a new windowhere
opens in a new windowHeather Wrightcreate new email, Planning and Economic Development Director
opens in a new windowNikole Colemancreate new email, AICP, Senior Planner
opens in a new windowEdie Berghoffcreate new email, Associate Planner
opens in a new windowTiffany Simmonscreate new email, Administrative Assistant
If would like to be notified of public notices by email, we welcome you to sign up here opens in a new windowto receive public notices