Planning and Economic Development
Poulsbo’s Planning and Economic Development Department staff are your resource for questions related to land use and economic development within the city.
Mission of City of Poulsbo Planning and Economic Development:
To partner with the community, residents, elected officials, and private entities to promote Poulsbo’s charm, character, and livability. This is achieved through sustainable comprehensive planning, efficient permit review and processing, and deliberate economic development strategies.
PED Department News
- Planning and Economic Development Department’s Public Meetings for Land-Use Permits Under Governor’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy Orders: This memo outlines how we will proceed with land use applications under the Governor’s order, as well as his subsequent order regarding public meetings. Please call us at (360)394-9748 if you have any questions.
- Planning and Economic Development Department remains operational!
The Planning and Economic Development Department wants our community partners and clients to know we remain operational and stand ready to work with you to accomplish your land use and development goals. While we are working from home per Governor Inslee’s “Stay Home and Stay Healthy” order, the PED team is available to connect with you via email, phone or virtual meetings. Please see our contact information below and reach out with any questions.
Applications are still being accepted and our team remains available to assist with submission. If you have an active project with our department, please connect with your project planner (if you haven’t already heard from them). Our goal is for projects that are ready to move forward to do so quickly after the Governor’s order is lifted. The PED Department staff strives to provide the best services during these unprecedented times. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
- Land Use Housekeeping Code Amendments – Planning Commission Public Hearing on hold until further notice.
- Annexations. Questions about annexation? First, review this handout. Second, call us at (360) 394-9748.
- Poulsbo Place Division 8. An application for development has not been submitted. A neighborhood meeting was held 2/21/19 and a pre-application conference was held on 2/18/20. If you have questions call us at (360) 394-9748.
Planning & Economic Development (located on 2nd floor)
200 NE Moe Street
Poulsbo, WA 98370-7437
Phone: (360) 394-9748
Fax: (360) 697-8269
To schedule an inspection call: (360) 394-9882
For building/sign permit questions call: (360) 394-9882
For transportation/engineering questions call: (360) 394-9882
For garbage/sewer/water questions call: (360) 779-4078
If would like to be notified of public notices by email, we welcome you to sign up here to receive public notices