Planning and Economic Development
Poulsbo’s Planning and Economic Development Department staff are your resource for questions related to land use and economic development within the city.
Mission: To partner with the community, residents, elected officials, and private entities to promote Poulsbo’s charm, character, and livability. This is achieved through sustainable comprehensive planning, efficient permit review and processing, and deliberate economic development strategies.
PED Department News
- New Document! Planning for Housing.
- Cannabis Planning Commission Public Hearing. The Planning Commission Public Hearing is scheduled for December 12, 2023, at 6:00 pm or soon thereafter. The Planning Commission will make a recommendation to the City Council. Public Hearings are being held as a hybrid virtual/in-person at the web address and call-in number noted below and at City Hall Council Chambers, 200 NE Moe Street. This call-in number: 1 253 215 8782 and meeting id: 833 0383 5462 are provided for virtual attendance, in addition to this webinar link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83303835462. Project documents can be viewed here.
- C-3/SR 305 Development Moratorium: Ordinance 2023-13 passed by City Council September 13, 2023. City Council Public Hearing scheduled for October 18, 2023. More information here.
- C-4 and BP Development Moratorium: Ordinance 2023-11 passed by City Council August 9, 2023. City Council Public Hearing was held on September 20, 2023. More information here.
- Planning and Economic Development Department Monthly Newsletter: Check it out here, read past issues here, and sign up for the monthly newsletter here!
- 2024 Comprehensive Plan Update: Check out the project website here. Sign up for the project email list here!
- Annexations: Questions about annexation? Check out the annexation webpage here.
Prior to calling the PED Department, we offer the following tips:
1. Are you within the City limits?
- The 98370 zip code extends beyond city limits.
- if you are unsure, go to Kitsap County Parcel search to confirm that you are within the City of Poulsbo.
- If you are outside of city limits, please contact Kitsap County DCD.
2. Determine if another City Department would be more appropriate for your inquiry.
- To schedule a building inspection call: (360) 394-9882
- For building/sign permit questions call: (360) 394-9882
- For transportation/engineering questions call: (360) 394-9882
- For stormwater/engineering questions call: (360) 394-9882
- For garbage/sewer/water questions call: (360) 779-4078
- For public records request go here
- To file a complaint go here
3. Check out the list of land use/planning handouts and application forms here (including accessory dwelling units, tree cutting, animal keeping, fences, and food trucks)!
4. Email us! Please provide as much detail as possible in your email so that we can respond more efficiently (including an address or parcel number).
5. Call us at (360) 394-9748. Please note that due to the high volume of calls and staff availability, there is a 3 business day response time for phone calls.
Planning & Economic Development (located on 2nd floor)
200 NE Moe Street
Poulsbo, WA 98370-7437
Phone: (360) 394-9748
Fax: (360) 697-8269
If would like to be notified of public notices by email, we welcome you to sign up here to receive public notices