Planning & Economic Development > Comprehensive Plan Amendments
Public Notice Documents
City Initiated Comprehensive Plan Amendments:
- Notice of Decision
- Adopting Ordinance
- City Council Staff Report
- City Council Public Hearing Notice – April 11
- Planning Commission Staff Report
- SEPA Threshold Determination
- Planning Commission Public Hearing Notice – March 13
- Notice of Application with Optional DNS
- SEPA Checklist
Anspach Comprehensive Plan Amendment:
2018 Comprenhsive Plan Amendment Key Dates
Dates are subject to change. Please check back often.
|January 17, 2018||City Council reviews and establishes 2018 Comprehensive Plan Application Docket|
|January 26, 2018||Notice of Application with optional DNS released and distributed|
|February 23, 2018||End of comment period for optional DNS|
|March 6, 2018||Planning Commission Staff Report Available|
|March 13, 2018||Planning Commission Public Hearing|
|April 11, 2018||City Council Public Hearing|
Public comments are welcome at any time during the review process up to the close of the City Council Public Hearing. Written comments may be mailed, faxed, or emailed at email@example.com. See below for additional public comment methods.
2018 Proposed Applications
Application No. P-10-30-17-01: Parks
This application includes two site-specific amendments to the City’s Land Use (Figure LU-1) and City’s Zoning Map. The request is to re-designate and rezone a:
- 2.68-acre property located at 20831 Bond Rd NE from Residential High to Park. These properties were recently acquired by the City of Poulsbo and will add to the Fish Park complex.
- 1.85-acre property located at 20523 Little Valley Rd from Residential Low to Park. This property was donated to the City of Poulsbo and is now home to Poulsbo Pump Track.
Application No. P-10-31-17-02: Anspach
This application includes both a site-specific amendment and a text amendment:
- The site-specific amendment request is to re-designate a .64- acre property located at 19589 Front St NE from Shoreline Residential to High Intensity. If the site-specific amendment is approved, a map amendment to Figure NE-6 (Shoreline Master Program Map) will be required. The request is being made due to an error in the initial adoption of the Shoreline Master Program.
- The request also includes a text amendment to Poulsbo Municipal Code 16.02.240 C.2., to alleviate inconsistences between the zoning designation and shoreline jurisdiction.
Application No. P-10-30-17-02: Capital Improvement Projects
This application includes a text amendment to Chapter 12, the Capital Facilities Plan, to update Table CFP-4 (the City of Poulsbo 6-Year Capital Improvement Projects) to reflect the proposed projects listed in the 2017-2022 Capital Improvement Projects.
The Growth Management Act (GMA) requires the City to develop and maintain a 6-year Capital Improvement Program (CIP) as part of its comprehensive plan. The 2017-2022 CIP has been prepared to meet these requirements. Table CFP-4 is proposed to be updated to reflect funding priorities through the annual budget cycle, as well as any new projects added to the 6-year CIP.
Application No. P-11-18-17-01: Transportation Chapter
This application includes text amendments to Chapter 4, Transportation, to better integrate complete streets policy, non-motorized transportation goals, and regional transportation plans.
Application No. P-11-18-17-02: Solid Waste Utility Plan
This application includes text amendments to Chapter 6 (Capital; Facilities), Chapter 10 (Utilities), Chapter 12 (Capital Facilities Plan) and Appendix B (Functional Plans) to reflect the new Solid Waste Utility Plan.
In February 2017 City Council directed staff to prepare a functional plan for the Solid Waste Utility.
Public Participation Plan
Public and Agency Comment Methods
Comments may be provided to the City at any time during the amendment process. Written comments may be mailed, faxed or e-mailed to the City. Comments may also be hand-delivered to City Hall. Verbal comment will be taken at the Planning Commission and City Council public hearings.
The Planning and Economic Development Department will be creating mailing and e-mailing lists for those interested in received public hearing notices for the 2018 amendments. Interested parties should contact the Planning and Economic Development Department and request to be on the 2018 Comprehensive Plan amendment list.
Contact the Planning and Economic Development Department:
Mail: 200 NE Moe Street, Poulsbo, WA 98370
Physical Address: 200 NE Moe Street, Poulsbo — 2nd floor