The Building Department is responsible for the review and approval of structures within the City of Poulsbo.
- *NEW* REVISED EFFECTIVE DATE FOR 2021 CODES – On September 15, 2023, the State Building Code Council voted again to delay the effective date of the 2021 Washington State Building Codes under emergency rule for 120 days. The new effective date for all building codes is now March 15, 2024. Please visit www.sbcc.wa.gov for more information.
- Current average plan review time is 4 weeks for Residential permits and 6 weeks for Commercial Building permits from date of complete application.
- Fee Update- New Water/Sewer Connection Fees went into effect on August 1, 2023.
- August 1, 2023 Updated Water/Sewer Connection Fees
- 11/20/2020 Temporary Use of Tents for Outdoor Seating and Dining
The City of Poulsbo Building Department will be performing scheduled inspections on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Thursdays are reserved for Building Plan Review until further notice.
TO SCHEDULE A BUILDING INSPECTION:
- EMAIL the Building Department at: email@example.com
- PHONE the Building Department at (360) 394-9882.
Inspection requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Time slots requested online are taken into consideration during scheduling but not always guaranteed.
Building Department (located on 2nd floor)
200 NE Moe Street | Poulsbo, WA 98370-7437
Phone: (360) 394-9882 | Fax: (360) 697-8269
To schedule an inspection call: (360) 394-9882
For building/sign permit questions call: (360) 394-9882
For transportation/engineering questions call: (360) 394-9739
For garbage/sewer/water questions call: (360) 779-4078
Building Department Fees
- Building Permit Fees (Updated 3/1/2017)
- Mechanical and Plumbing Fixture Fees
- Water and Sewer Connection Fees (Updated 08/01/2023)
Single Family Connection Fees Effective August 1st, 2023
The general facility fee for water is $5,369.53
The general facility fee for sewer is $14,953.05
The general facility fee for stormwater is $1,479.08
Meter Fees are as follows:
|1 1/2 – inch meter||$700|
|2 – inch meter||$980|
Impact Fees for New Single Family Homes
Traffic and Park impact fees are due at building permit issuance and proof of payment for School Impact Fees is due prior to permit issuance.
|Park Impact Fee||$1,316.33|
|Traffic Impact Fee||$5,324.16|
|School Impact Fees are paid directly to the North Kitsap School District, the 2022 fee table can be found here and the current fee for single family is $1,455.66.|