Police Department > Divisions
The Administration Division provides planning, develops policies, organizes and directs the overall successful operation of the Police Department.
The Deputy Chief supports the Chief with the daily police operations of the Department. He also assists the Chief in developing policies and procedures.
- Deputy Chief Troy Grossman
The Administrative Services Manager supports the Chief with the business administrative functions of the Department.
- Administrative Services Manager Kelly Ziemann
Oversees the function and maintenance of various units within the department while providing support for the community.
- Sergeant Howard Leeming
- Sergeant John Halsted
- Sergeant Valerie Nau
Officers assigned to this unit are first line responders to calls for service and perform general patrol-related duties. If you need assistance from an officer or to report a crime, you can call 911 from within Kitsap County or dial (360) 308-5400, 24 hours a day.
Officer N. Hoke, Officer S. Ziemann (SRO), Officer D. Gesell, Officer L. Bogues, Officer J. Gillen, Officer J. Bell,
Officer C. Keller (K9), Officer C. Wunsch, Officer J. Kennedy, Officer M. Miulli, Officer N. Quinn
The Detective Unit is responsible for secondary follow-up investigations of crimes ranging from homicides, sexual assault, and robberies to burglaries, identity thefts, and frauds.
Detective L. Wheeler, Detective G. Westerfield
The Poulsbo Marine Patrol, presently, is comprised of two Sergeants, three Officers and the detective. The State of Washington Parks Department has certified all of the officers assigned to marine patrol after passing a State Certified Boating Academy. Our coverage area consists of Liberty Bay, with extra patrols in the Keyport Marina and Agate Pass. Marine unit duties include enforcement of boating ordinances, investigation of boating accidents, identifying and/or removal of navigational hazards, and addressing vessel operation complaints and concerns.
Reserve Police Officer Unit
Poulsbo Police Reserve Officers perform uniformed patrol duties in support of the Poulsbo Police Department. The primary mission of this voluntary position is to augment the full-time police force. After completing required training and graduating from a Reserve Academy program approved by the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission, Reserve Officers are fully commissioned Police Officers consistent with Washington State Laws.
- Officer D. Lom
- Officer T. Powell
The Poulsbo Police Chaplaincy Program, established in June 2010, serves as a resource for department personnel:
- To support Officers during and after critical incidents as needed.
- To assist when dealing with the public in such incidents as accidental deaths, suicides, suicidal subjects, serious accidents, drug and alcohol abuse, and other such situations that may arise.
- To provide an additional link between the community, other chaplain programs and the Department.
- To attend shift changes, do ‘ride alongs’, or just hang out with the department personnel.
- To perform crisis intervention and care for victims, families and witnesses of critical incidents.
- To assist with notifying families of serious injuries or death.
- To provide confidential counseling, spiritual guidance and insight for department personnel and their families if desired.
Chaplain Ken Bailey has been the Department Chaplain since the inception of the Chaplain Program. Ordained in 2003, he is a part of The Charteris Foundation, and a member in good standing with the International Conference of Police Chaplains. Chaplain Bailey is a full time Chaplain also serving the Poulsbo Fire Department and the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office. He also serves on the Kitsap County Department of Emergency Management’s “Critical Incident Stress Management” team.
Administrative Services Division
The Administrative Services unit provides a variety of services to the public, commissioned officers, prosecutors, and other law enforcement agencies. Their tasks consist of maintaining accurate records, dissemination of public records, and all business operations in support of the police department.
- Admin Svcs Mgr Kelly Ziemann
- Property & Records Mgr Mary Howerton
- Police Clerk Sue Rufener