City Clerk > Notary Services
Notary Service is offered Monday & Wednesday thru Friday by appointment, in the City Clerk’s Department. Effective January 19, 2022, notary services are not available Tuesday’s.
Please note that not all notary services are performed at City Hall typically because the document lacks or does not contain a standard notary block. We cannot prepare notary documents on your behalf, nor offer legal advice. For more information, see
These types of requests may not be accommodated:
- real estate transactions involving more than 4 notarized signatures;
- complex wills or estate documents involving more than 4 notarized signatures;
- documents with a notary block in a foreign language;
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verifications; and
- blank documents, documents with blank spaces, and documents without notarial wording;
- birth certificates – only a representative of the custodian of birth records is legally able to authenticate a copy of a birth certificate;
- marriage licenses – if you need a verified copy of your marriage license you need to order a certified copy from the county clerk’s office in the county where you were married.
True & Correct Copies:
Notary services for true and correct copies will only be performed for City-related business documents. Check the Yellow Pages or search the internet for other notary locations in the area for these services.
Customers requiring witness signatures before a notary public must provide their own witnesses at the time of notarization. In the case of witnesses for a will, the witnesses cannot be named in the will. The individual whose document is being notarized must personally know the witness and valid photo identification must be provided.
|Documents required by the City||Free of charge|
|Non-City documents||$10.00 for the first document; |
$5.00 for each additional document
Items required for notarization:
Government issued Picture ID
Unsigned Document with notary statement on it
Witnesses (if required)