City Council > Meet the Council
Position No. 2
- Bachelor of Business Administration & Organizational Leadership (BBA) – Brandman University
- Master of Information and Library Science (MLIS) – San Jose State University
- Council Member – City of Poulsbo (2024-Current)
- Forty plus years of experience with an area organization fostering community engagement, information sharing, resources, and valuable services to Kitsap County residents and area stakeholders
Community and Volunteer Experience:
- Leadership Kitsap graduate (2015)
- Kiwanis Club of Bremerton (2015-2019) and Club President (2019)
- NAACP Bremerton Unit 1134 (present)
- OurGEMS Mentor & Advisory Board Member (present)
- New Day Ministry – Board Member (2016-2019)
I am a lifelong Kitsap County resident and have lived in Poulsbo since 2007. On both personal and professional levels, I thrive on the beautiful environment and diverse community of our region. I enjoy serving the residents of Kitsap County, Poulsbo, my beautiful family and friends, and my faith-based community. Truly listening to people to help make their lives better calls for self- and cultural awareness and welcoming all with respect and dignity. It’s important to make space for collective voices and to encourage varied perspectives to come together in the interest of the community.
Poulsbo is a wonderful place with vibrant scenery and attractions and should rightly be proud of its rich history and unique Nordic flavor. However, it’s not exempt from the struggles many cities across the nation are facing these days. We can honor and celebrate longstanding traditions while at the same time truly welcoming cultural diversity; this kind of civic commitment promotes a sense of connection and belonging for all, and only enriches Poulsbo’s ongoing development as a city and as a community.
All of our residents deserve to know that their local government is ensuring their safety, well-being, and health. As a member of the City Council, I will join in the effort to balance public safety, housing needs, economic vitality, and environmental concerns in the face of climate change. I look forward to the opportunity to play a role for positive change in Poulsbo.