Community Calendar Posting Policy
Community Notices & Announcements
The “Community Calendar” on the City of Poulsbo’s website is dedicated to the posting of community notices and announcements The Community Calendar is limited to announcements and notices intended to inform residents and visitors about upcoming community events. “Community event” includes any charitable, educational, cultural, or recreational event taking place in the city of Poulsbo. Submission of events by members of the public constitutes participation in a limited public forum.
All event postings shall be moderated by a city-authorized calendar moderator, who shall review and approve all events for conformance to acceptable event standards.
All City of Poulsbo Community Calendar submitters shall be clearly identified by their event submissions. Anonymous posting of events is not allowed. All event postings must be accompanied by valid event submitter contact information, including a name, email address, and phone number. In order to provide timely notification about your event, requests must be submitted via the website at least 15 days prior to the date of the event. We will do our best to approve events within 48-72 hours of submission to the calendar. You are responsible for checking the Community Calendar webpage to ensure your event has been posted and all of the information is accurate. There is no charge for submitting an event to the city calendar.
Submit your event at the bottom of this page or clicking here
Requirements & Restrictions
Notices and announcements are limited to:
- The name of the group, organization or person sponsoring the event
- A concise description of the event
- Date of the event
Members of the public may submit event information for inclusion on the Poulsbo Community Calendar, if that event is open to the general public, occurs within the boundaries of the city (limited special exceptions made for elsewhere in Snohomish County) and meets one of the following criteria:
- Organized or funded by another government agency;
- Organized by a government-funded agency or board;
- Organized by a city-affiliated group;
- An organization identified as eligible for city funding or community grants;
- Funded in full, or in part, by the city;
- Sponsored by the city;
- Organized by a charitable organization with a registered charitable number and operating within the city;
- Organized by a service club operating within the city that performs work that benefits city citizens;
- Organized by a business improvement area for general promotional purposes;
- Located in a facility owned or leased by the city; or
- Is an appropriate, family-safe community event that is not-for-profit and open to all members of the public (all-ages).
The calendar editor reserves the right to edit event information for length, spelling, language and clarity. At the discretion of the communications department, certain events may also be featured in city publications.
The city reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed a violation of this Community Calendar policy or any applicable law. Events submitted to the City of Poulsbo Community Calendar containing any of the following forms of content shall not be approved for posting:
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- Promote, exhibit, illustrate or manifest hate or obscene/pornographic/sexual content of any kind; links to sexual content
- Are commercial in nature, and, in the City’s sole opinion, are attempting to advertise, promote or sell products or services; Are of an individual or an individual business;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
- Do not comply with local, state or federal legislation; and/or
- Events deemed by the city to be political in nature.
The City of Poulsbo Community Calendar is provided as a community service to Poulsbo citizens and community organizations. Though the calendar is moderated, the City of Poulsbo does not endorse or verify the information included. The City does not control or review the content or operation of the websites referenced in event postings. The City of Poulsbo does not guarantee the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness, or security of the link, website, or content. The City of Poulsbo urges you to exercise caution when accessing any unfamiliar website.
The City of Poulsbo reserves the right to reject any calendar entry which does not comply with this policy.
Have an event you want to add to our Poulsbo Community calendar?
Complete the below form:
Any Questions ? Send to Lin Wilson | City of Poulsbo Special Events Coordinator
Email: email@example.com new email | Phone Direct: 360.394.9771