Engineering > Noll Road Corridor Project – Noll Road Improvements
The project will connect SR305 to NE Lincoln Road via Noll Road, Languanet Lane and Maranatha Road. The project will include roadway, street lighting, sidewalk, bike lane and shared use path improvements in various configurations through the corridor. The project will realign Noll Road from ¼ mile south of Poulsbo Elementary school to SR305 (new roadway). It will also include intersection improvements (roundabout or traffic signal) at the new intersection in the vicinity of Johnson Road and possible intersection traffic control at the Noll Road intersection. Utility relocation/replacement will occur as needed. New water/sewer will be installed as needed in the new roadway segment.
This page has been created to help provide public access to detailed information related to the Noll Road Corridor Project. It is a project that has been in the long range plans for the City for a number of years, beginning as early as 1992. A more fully detailed history of the project conception, preliminary planning, etc. can be viewed .
One of the early stages of the corridor project was the Noll Road Corridor Study which was initiated in 2007 and the results were published in 2008. The results of that study can be downloaded below.
- Title and Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Chapter 2 – Roadway Inventory and Traffic Assessment
- Chapter 3 – Intersection Control Alternatives
- Chapter 4 – Roadway Improvements
- Chapter 5 – Implementation and Funding
- Executive Summary
Project Activity Highlights:
- $3.4 million in federal transportation funding has been recommended by the Kitsap Regional Coordinating Council for Phase I Construction of the South Segment of the alignment, to include the roadway from Johnson to Storhoff, as shown in the design graphic at the top of this page.
- $2.2 million STP grant for design and right of way acquisition.
Preliminary design continues and the right-of-way acquisition process is expected to begin soon. An update on the ROW process will be given to Council in July.
Open House January 19, 2016
Staff is also working with the non-motorized community to include pedestrian, bicycle, and shared-use options along the roadway. Based on feedback, the City is considering design options for a tunnel to provide an undercrossing at the roundabout/signal at SR305 and Johnson Road. Funding has not been determined for this design concept yet but staff is looking for options.
Non-Motorized Community Meeting
If you cannot find the information you are looking for on this page, please contact the Engineering Department at 360-779-4078. This page will be updated as more information becomes available.