PARKS & RECREATION > Current Projects
Poulsbo’s Fish Park Development
Poulsbo’s Fish Park is a nature park in an urban setting. This project began in 2002 with the purchase of 13 acres. The ongoing development has been successful using city dollars, state and federal grants, property donations, various service clubs, and extensive volunteer support. The Poulsbo Fish Park citizen steering committee continue to plan and fundraise for future park development. Opportunities on this 40-acre nature park includes public access trails and boardwalk, interpretive areas, and wildlife viewing along the estuary. Click here to see the original 2004 master plan for Phase 1opens PDF file .
- Click here for a printable map for Poulsbo’s Fish Parkopens PDF file
- 2019 Fish Park Brochureopens PDF file
- Recognition Signopens PDF file
Poulsbo’s Fish Park Phase IV Construction
In late 2020, a number of improvements were completed at the park, including:
- Renovating the existing parking area on Bond Road for 12 cars
- Adding 228 lf of 6’ wide boardwalk leading from the parking lot west and into the park
- Building 560 lf of 6’ wide sidewalk along the west side of Bond Road to the city owned shoreline parcel known as the Lord Property
- Constructing another 200 lf of 6’ wide boardwalk from the south sidewalk connection onto the Lord Property
- Clean up and improvements on the Lord Property including split rail fencing and pathway
- Two viewing platforms (built by volunteers)
- Invasive removal at the renovated lot and the Lord Parcel
- Seeding by contractor and mitigation plantings (mostly by volunteers) at the parking lot and Lord Property
Two volunteer-built viewing platforms will be constructed in spring 2021.
Below is a map of the project. If you have questions, please contact Dan Schoonmaker, Poulsbo Parks and Recreation Director 360.394.9774.
Site plan for the 2020-2021 expansion
2021 Volunteer Opportunities
Please join members of Poulsbo’s Fish Park steering committee each month to do needed park tasks. These stewardship activities add value to our community, both in commitment and matching time for state grants. These events are great for the whole family, and are held the 3rd Sunday of each month (*with some exceptions) from 1:00-4:00 pm at the park. If you would like to be added to the monthly email notification list, please email email@example.com new email. Volunteers will be kept in small groups. Masks and social distancing are required.
Fish Park annual reports
North Kitsap Regional Event Center
The North Kitsap Regional Events Center master plan provides a long term vision that will improve the quality of life for people within the North Kitsap School District boundaries (including the communities of Poulsbo, Hansville, Keyport, Indiannola, Kingston and Port Gamble) and those living on Bainbridge Island. The Events Center will be an easily reached, identifiable community focal point where people gather to socialize, participate in cultural activities and recreate. It will also accommodate regional sports tournaments.
To view a copy of the Interlocal Agreement between partners, click here.