2021 Housing Action Plan
What is a Housing Action Plan?
The City of Poulsbo was awarded a $40,000 grant from the WA Department of Commerce to complete a Housing Action Plan (HAP). The funds were authorized as part of HB 1923 to increase residential building capacity in Washington communities. The HAP will build on the existing Comprehensive Plan with a focus on encouraging construction of additional affordable and market rate housing in a greater variety of housing types and at prices that are accessible to a greater variety of incomes.
This Housing Action Plan identifies strategies that can help to improve housing supply and affordability and guide new growth that benefits both new and existing residents. Collectively, these strategies are intended to achieve four key objectives:
- Promote new market-rate and affordable housing construction that expands housing choices.
- Encourage homeownership opportunities and support equitable housing outcomes.
- Plan for forecasted growth and ensure the built environment promotes community and sustains the quality of life for Poulsbo’s existing and future residents.
- Preserve existing affordable housing stock to reduce displacement pressures.
- Partner with housing educators, providers, non-profit organizations and faith-based to find equitable housing solutions.
This opportunity comes at a great time for the City. The HAP will provide detailed information to guide the City’s future actions as we begin to draft the 2024 Comprehensive Plan Update.
- Finale Housing Action Plan – Dec 8, 2021
- City Council Review
- SEPA Review
If you have any questions concerning the Housing Action Plan, please contact the PED Department at (360) 394-9748 or email@example.com.